Who am I?
I'm Adam Perkins, a web developer and rennaissance man.
I am a full-stack web developer living in Ferndale, Michigan. If you've got an idea that needs building or implementing, I can help. I have experience with a wide range of technologies and frameworks, and I'm always learning more.
In my spare time, I enjoy home brewing mead, playing guitar, gardening and spending time with my wife and daughter.
HTML & CSS
I'm your best choice for
Your selection of services
Full-stack developer with experience in multitude of technologies. No front-end or back-end is too complex for me.
Skilled technical writer with a BA in English specializing in technical writing. Your documentation will have never been so clear and concise with me.
Skilled in a variety of technologies that allow me to create a mobile experience for your needs. From native apps to PWAs to cross-platform apps, I can do it all.
Need an email template or help with marketing materials? I can help you with that. I have experience with a variety of email marketing platforms and web standards for creating email templates.
Skilled in a variety of design tools, I can help you with your design needs. From logos to social media graphics to full website designs, I can design your vision with an optimized user experience.
Comfortable in a variety of front-end frameworks, languages, and tools, from VueJS to Photoshop and Illustrator, to InertiaJS, Bootstrap, TailwindCSS and beyond. I can help you design your vision and create an optimized user experience.
My work experience
Here's what I do full-time
- Built a deployment web application in PHP and Laravel to facilitate continuous integration/continuous deployment which utilizes gitlab webhooks to automatically deploy commits via ssh and git to a remote production server.
- Built a QR code based inventory web application in PHP and Laravel for tracking of laptops given to Pell grant students and other Wayne State students while adding the appropriate records to their Ellucian Banner records when given the asset.
- Wrote and maintained API integrations between a variety of services such as LliasonCAS, Anthology/ Campuslabs Engage, E-value, Common Application and more.
- Helped to shape the division's work culture by teaching git workshops, new technologies, and innovative workflows to the staff at large. I especially excelled in working with other employees who were not using revision control, modern web frameworks and in-house shared packages to optimize their workflows. Built and maintained multiple Wayne State packages and scripts regularly utilized by other developers to build their work upon.
- Was instrumental in strategic planning for application architecture, code reviews, revision control usage, and deployment infrastructure.
- Maintained a web application written in PHP and Laravel and Docker which was responsible for web application deployment of all applications written within the division.
- Developed a new website for the department using Bootstrap as its frontend framework and written in PHP with the Laravel framework for its backend.
- Developed a data dictionary component which features real-time search written with VueJS and Laravel.
- Implemented and maintained the department’s data visualization and analysis suite, SAS Visual Analytics on CentOS.
- Implemented and maintained an Apache Hadoop cluster using the Cloudera management platform.
- Extracted, transformed, and loaded data from the University’s operational data store for the Visual Analytics platform.
- Developed interfaces, reports and charts for the Wayne State Graduate School Dashboard and Wayne State University Reporting Dashboard.
- Offered first and second tier desktop support to administrative customers in the Office of the President, Office of the Provost, Office of the Board of Governors and Office of the General Counsel.
- Served as a departmental subject matter expert for BMC/Numara Footprints ITSM software.
- Planned, developed and deployed a Windows domain for the Office of the General Counsel.
- Developed a Microsoft SharePoint website which maintains academic compliance records for the university.
- Developed a departmental website which serves to orient administrative unit customers to support resources.
- Developed dashboards and portals facilitating the improvement of processes within C and IT in general and for Desktop Technology Services.
- Created backup jobs and disaster recovery plans for servers belonging to administrative units in my assigned departments.
- Administered Windows servers for the administrative units of assigned departments.
- Wrote and maintained documentation and processes as part of a process improvement team within the department.